Saturday, October 20, 2012

Pumpkin Carving Fun

After having our pumpkins sitting around for a few weeks already, we finally decided to carve them since Halloween is creeping up on us! We are hoping that they last for a few more weeks until Halloween but if not, we are sure enjoying them now. So we went over to Grandma and Grandpa's and we had a pumpkin carving party!  Christian was so excited as he has been asking us for weeks now when he gets to carve his.  





If you can't tell by the face, I am not a big fan of pumpkin carving!  Its my phobia of getting dirty :)  So this only lasts about  5 minutes and then I turn the task over to the hubby!


Our little princess isn't afraid to get dirty but I'm sad to say that our son inherited the phobia of dirt from his mother :) Unlikely I know but I didn't say that we are a normal family :)




I was responsible for picking out pumpkin seeds.  And although I did do it for about 20 minutes, I really do not have the patience for tedious work like this! I'll leave to this to my foster sisters :)


Grandpa did an amazing job at carving "batman" for Christian...


And an owl for Bryleigh...


Christian was so excited that he could use his lighted pumpkin to give the batman sign...






It was definitely a great night of memories!  And unfortunately, you probably will not hear from me much this week because I have an exam to complete and a final essay to write!  So my time will be spent behind this computer screen for the majority of the week :)

1 comment:

  1. Oh that looks like fun! I love the cool designs you guys did. Praying your exam goes great:)

    ReplyDelete