Wednesday, January 1, 2014

Welcome 2014

Each year I set goals for myself to accomplish and at the beginning of the following year I like to look back to see what I have accomplished.  So in 2013 I had hoped to:


1.Bible Study every day.  (This continues to be a goal of mine.  i used to faithfully read my bible devotion each day. One excuse after another has led me to not spending enough of my personal time with Jesus.  I enjoy attending church weekly with Bryleigh and my mom while Christian attends bible school.  My goal this year is to set aside time each week to continue learning about my Lord and Savior)

2. Donate more to charity.  ( We continue to sponsor our Compassion child, Manuel. We also like to do random acts of kindness in an effort to pay it forward.)

3.Work on my patience (The Lord definitely likes to test me but I'm working on it!)


4. Work on my time management (I was thrown face first into this challenge when I started my internship this past fall.  I finally feel like I am in a routine which involves work, school, internship, and family time.)

5..Start using a reward system chart so that the children can start earning rewards for helping out around the house. (We did attempt to start a reward system but it did not work as well as I would have liked. Rather than commit myself to this for 2014, I think I will just continue to ask the kids for help around the house which they love to do.)

6. Work on my cooking skills. (I laugh at this goal I set for myself. Bryan has become the homemaker and chef in this family.  I''m so thankful for all the meals he prepares for us since I do not have a spare second in the day to think about meals.)

7. Spend more quality time with my sister and nieces. (In the Spring, it was so nice to spend almost every Friday with my sister and nieces. Then school started again and I have no free time. Once I complete my internship this year, I plan to start this Friday tradition once again.)
New Goals for 2014:

7. My main goal is to spend less time using technology (unless its schoolwork related) and more time being in the moment with my family! 

8. I also want to focus more on my relationship with Bryan, Not only am I a mother but I am also a wife! 

\
 photo FotoFlexer_Photo.jpg

1 comment:

  1. Awesome goals! I have a post similar to this sitting in my blog waiting to be finished. I also want to study my Bible more, want to spend more time with the kids being a better wife and a better mother. I hope you accomplish all these goals this year and so much more happy new year my friend!

    ReplyDelete