Thursday, February 7, 2013

Back at it again...

Well, just when I thought that we are healthy and back to normal, BAM, Christian winds up sick.  I should have known that he couldn't escape the furry of sickness :)

Christian went to weekday bible class last night but only after a full blown emotional breakdown because he didn't want to have to sing.  He ended up doing just fine at class but when he got home, he looked exhausted.  I felt his forehead, and sure enough, he had a 102 fever.  We figured that he was getting the stomach bug that Bryleigh just recovered from. He stayed home from school today and later this afternoon started complaining of his left ear hurting.  I decided it would be best to take him to the walk in clinic.

We were in and out of the walk in clinic within 15 minutes and the diagnosis....Strep Throat!  We went in figuring it was an ear infection and came out with a completely different diagnosis.  It makes sense though because Christian was just unable to identify his pain to us. Although, we were told to keep him home from school again tomorrow, Christian has been in such a great mood.

It breaks my heart seeing the littles sick, especially, since tomorrow is my Mandatory Field Placement Seminar for school so I won't be home until Saturday afternoon to care for my sick little guy.  I'm so blessed that he has an amazing Daddy to take care of him but I still feel guilty :( There will be lots of time spent with him when I get home on Saturday though!

No comments:

Post a Comment