Friday, November 26, 2010

Black Friday

I have never been a black Friday shopper until a couple of years ago when I had to experience the madness and was quite impressed with the excitement and the great deals!  I usually get a lot of Christmas shopping done on this day but this year I had everyone on my list completed already.  I know its hard to believe but I have been buying item since June when I would see good sales.  So this year, I didn't really find anything in the flyer's that I absolutely needed.  So no early morning shopping for me this year. 

I did end up going to Sears and Walmart a little later in the morning and there was still quite a few big ticket items left which surprised me.  We also went to Stevens Point and hit up Fleet Farm, Target, and Best Buy and the lines were quite long even in the afternoon.  We did find a snow blower on sale at Sears which we are going to go pick up tomorrow!  I told Bryan that this could be our birthday and Christmas presents to each other this year because we do need one. Bryan's Dad did give us his old snow blower a couple years ago and its worked well but its just not good for the wet, heavy snow, so we figured now is as good a year as any to get one! I have also been searching for a laptop because mine crashed a couple of weeks ago but I didn't find any amazing deals on a Dell (I loved my old dell so I want another one!)  My last laptop lasted me 6 years so I can't complain but it will be nice to get a new one soon.

Snow blower that we are going to get


The rest of our afternoon was pretty low key.  We promised Christian that we would take him downtown to the Christmas Decoration Lighting so we got the kids all bundled up and headed down there.  As soon as we got the stroller unloaded and Bryleigh out of the car, she started crying.  I tried holding her and everything and nothing would calm her.  We ended up having to leave and then we had one unhappy little boy.  I felt so bad because Christian was so excited.  So we ended up going to the in laws and hanging out there all night.  Christian really enjoyed it and had a great time hanging with Grandma and Grandpa.  It feels like it is Sunday due to the holiday but I'm very happy that we have 2 more days to relax together as a family!  It will probably be a laid back next couple of days, which I love :)

No comments:

Post a Comment